Job Opportunities at Accordia
Thank you for your interest in Accordia. We have no open positions at this time, please check back at a later date for new opportunities or click on the link(s) below to explore open positions with our centers.
Infectious Diseases Institute: see a full list of available positions available at the IDI website. Learn more.
As part of a planned succession process, the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is seeking to recruit an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR to take up the leadership of the Institute by March 2015. IDI is an independently governed institute within the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University and has the mission “To strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development.” IDI has operations across Uganda as well as in a number of other African countries and has a staffing of over 700 managing multiple projects in research, clinical services, public health,training and health systems strengthening.
We are seeking a passionate and self-driven individual with a track record of leading and managing institutions of high repute, excellence and results. The individual would need to be visionary, who is also able to effectively manage a complex organisation, and initiate change in response to a dynamic environment.
• Lead and inspire an international and multicultural group of employees, collaborators and partners
• Translate the IDI vision and mission into programs and outputs that enhance health in Uganda and Africa
• Ensure that IDI outputs are relevant to and contributing to, global knowledge, policy and practice
• Ensure that IDI is a key contributor to Makerere University and the College of Health Sciences mission
• Ensure excellent management systems that provide full accountability for IDI programs and resources
• Provide evidence-based advocacy to attract and retain resources for IDI programs and institutional sustainability
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for this position should have the following attributes:
• Senior Health professional preferably with infectious diseases clinical and research exprience
• At least 10 years experience in a senior management position preferably with previous experience as a Chief Executive in sub-Saharan Africa and a proven track record of achievement
• Knowledge and competency in financial strategic oversight of a multi-million dollar budget
• Governance experience of working with a board
• Experience of working in a multi donor environment
The compensation package will be commensurate with the caliber and experience of the individual we are seeking. Contract is initially 3 years and renewed thereafter
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply should email as well as post or deliver
an application letter (clearly labeled – Application for Executive Director) with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resources
Infectious Diseases Institute
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Tel: +256 – 0414 – 307200, Fax: 256 – 0414 – 307 290,
E-mail: email@example.com website: http://www.idi-makerere.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 17th October 2014.