Job Opportunities at Accordia
- Global Health Programs Intern. Learn more.
- Infectious Diseases Institute positions available at the IDI website. Learn more.
- The Infectious Diseases Institute at Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda is seeking a new Sande-McKinnell Chair and Executive Director to assume leadership of this world-class center of excellence in 2014. Learn more.
The internship is from January to May 2014 (start and finish dates are negotiable).
- Conducting research to support the development of articles and publications–conduct literature surveys on various global health topics
- Assisting Global Health Programs staff in the development of communication materials
- Assisting in the preparation of project reports and materials
- Assisting with the administration of existing programs–backstopping various projects
- Researching future funding opportunities from U.S. Government institutions, foundations, private sector, and others
- Contributing to grant research, grant writing and materials coordination
- Providing regular updates on Global Health news and events
- Assisting in the coordination of meetings, conference calls and travel logistics
- Helping with office reception duties, including answering phones, greeting visitors, and other admin duties as necessary
Preference is given to senior undergraduate or graduate students majoring in global/public health, international affairs, African studies or communications. Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program. (Recent graduates will be considered.)
- Demonstrated interest in global health and international development
- Research abilities and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and speaking
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
- Willingness to collaborate with staff and other interns
- Comfortable working closely with senior management
- Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week
Deadline for application is December 20, 2013. Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Naoko Otani, email@example.com. This internship is unpaid.