Job Opportunities at Accordia
- Part time Staff Accountant & Finance Assistant. Learn more.
- Infectious Diseases Institute positions available at the IDI website. Learn more.
- The Infectious Diseases Institute at Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda is seeking a new Sande-McKinnell Chair and Executive Director to assume leadership of this world-class center of excellence in 2014. Learn more.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Finance
MAIN FUNCTION: This position will work directly with the VP of Finance to ensure the financial integrity of organizational operations. The staff accountant will serve a key function in the routine processing of financial and administrative information. Those with exceptional organizational skills and prior experience in grant accounting are strongly encouraged to apply.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Finance and accounting responsibilities:
- Ensures proper handling of A/P activity including invoice review, financial system data entry and initiate payments
- Maintains cash and investment schedule
- Performs monthly bank and trial balance reconciliations
- Prepares month end and fiscal year end closing general and adjusting journal entries
- Produce draft monthly statements for VP of Finance review
- Assist VP of Finance with actual to budget variance monitoring
- Assist year end audit and tax filing
- Assist Grants Finance Manager with financial grant monitoring activity as required
Responsibilities will also include special projects as assigned, including but not limited to grant drawdown assistance, and other duties assigned at the discretion of the VP of Finance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 3.0 GPA
Essential Requirements: Successful team member and strong multi-tasker is desired. A high level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business and social levels is important.
Additional Skills: Knowledge of government single audit procedures and prior experience in grant accounting is a plus. Ability to work independently and collaboratively necessary.
To Apply: Deadline for application is February 28, 2014. Please send a cover letter and resume to Huilian Ji, firstname.lastname@example.org. This internship is unpaid.