A Celebration of Partnership
2010 Celebration of Partnership: Real Returns on Investment
Accordia Global Health Foundation held its annual Celebration of Partnership in Washington, D.C., on Capitol Hill on Sept. 14, 2010. This year’s event focused on the opportunities and challenges of building a strong network of African medical schools—locally-owned and locally-managed institutions with the long-term capacity to achieve better health outcomes for Africa.
The symposium began with a keynote address by Ambassador Eric Goosby, U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, followed by a panel discussion with noted global health experts, including Dr. Francis Omaswa, executive director of the African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation; Dr. Alex Coutinho, executive director of the Infectious Diseases Institute; and Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, who leads the sub-Saharan African Medical Schools Study at the George Washington University’s Department of Health Policy.
Following this discussion, Accordia Global Health Foundation honored Senator John Kerry, Senator John Barasso, and Representative Sheila Jackson Lee for their ongoing commitment to global health.
A special thank you to Accordia's 2010 presenting partners:
Futures Group International
- Download a podcast of the event.
- View photos of the event.
- Several people and organizations were tweeting live from the event. Follow the conversation online: AccordiaGlobal, kerikaeindc; GLOBALHEALTHorg, MCHIPnet, and GCMicrobicides .
- Listen to an NPR interview with Dr. Alex Coutinho and Carol Spahn.
- Click here to see photos from previous Celebration of Partnership events.